The documents need to be legalized in order to use them in Vietnam. Applications should have:
1. Application for legalization of documents (download pdf) or cover letter states what you need to do for your documents;
2. Photocopy of requester’s ID;
3. Request documents must be notarized public and authenticated by local state department before sending to the Embassy for legalization;
4. Make one photocopy of original for the Embassy record;
5. Fees: Please pay by Money Orders or Cashier’s Checks (Certified Checks) payable to the “Embassy of Vietnam”.
6. Mail back: A self-addressed postage-paid return envelope. You should use one of the following mailing services which provide tracking numbers: Federal Express (FedEx), or USPS Express Mail. If you use FedEx, please make sure your name, address, FedEx account and phone number in both sender’s and recipient’s boxes.
• Regular processing requires 5 – 7 working days.
• Rush service requires 2 – 3 working days after the date of documents receipt
For further information, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy:
Opening hours: 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM Monday through Friday or 02:30 PM – 05:00 PM
For further information: Tel. (202) 861 0737 ext 122
Fax: 202 861 0917
Address: 1233 20th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036